Over Memorial Day weekend we decided to go camping with some friends. I told Daylon I didn't care where we went I just wanted to go and take the boys out while we had a chance before we went back to the states for the summer. Daylon chose to to Gulkana up near Glen Allen.....don't ask me where that is for I am not a fan of Alaskan geography! We packed our things up and drove a little over 3 hours to enjoy 2 days of camping. The boys loved it they loved being dirty, eating things over the fire, playing in the fire, sleeping in a tent and most of all peeing outside. However, I learned a lot from camping this time like I don't like dirt, I don't like the smell of fire, I don't like to freeze in a tent at night, I don't like the lack of showering and most of all I learned camping for me is a Motel 6. I think next time I will stay home and enjoy a weekend to myself and let the boys have a father son camp out.
The boys, The Gulkana River and The Great Alaskan Pipeline

1 comment:
I think you guys need to get a trailer for you to go camping in.
Post a Comment