As of March 17 aka Saint Patrick's Day or in my world dooms day...we have been stationed here for our 4 year tour. I made it through what I was trying to consider my 1500 day vacation. However we, as a family, decided to ipcot (in place consecutive over seas tour ) for another 3 lovely years. "WHY" you may ask because obviously I complain about how much I loathe Alaska. Well........I will give you Daylon's reasons for staying: hunting, fishing and fishing and fishing and fishing and fishing oh and did I mention the AWESOME FISHING. My reasons or main reason is Braydon's school, Rilke Schule German School of Arts and Sciences, I also absolutely love our home and the cola (cost of living allowance is nice too)........oh and I suppose the fishing is kind of fun too. Braydon's reason is also his school, he loves it and loves speaking German (oh and how cool is it that my 7 year old can speak another language fluently) he also likes fishing and as long as we can go visit Grandma Work once a year he is good with it. And Ethan........he likes the moose but he is 4 so he would have been trumped regardless. So here we are stuck in Alaska until March 17, 2012. And even though I HATE HATE HATE snow I suppose I can handle it here. As for after our 3 year tour is up here we have our sights set on Germany or at least Europe. So for all of you who want to come and enjoy an Alaskan vacation we are here until then and we have plenty of room to accommodate you. Let me tell you something, I do hate the winters but the summers are unbelievable here because there is nothing like 24 hours of daylight and 70 degree weather.
This was taken a month after we moved here

1 comment:
Seventy degree weather??
Where do you live?
:)
Maybe one day out 120.
Post a Comment