backround

Saturday, October 3, 2009

Nauvoo



While we were in Iowa Daylon and I took the opportunity to leave the kids with papa Terry and head 3 hours to Nauvoo. Neither Daylon or I had ever been there. I booked us a room in the Woodruf hotel and even spent the extra money to get the room with a view of the temple and a 2 person jetted tub. We were very excited. On Monday we watched a play (High Hopes and River Boats) drove around to see the sights and then went we a Outdoor program at night that included Vocal Point (an acapella group). The whole day was wonderful but I have to admit the humidity was AWFUL! The next day we went to the temple and then decided to take a very quick trip to Carthage. Nauvoo has such a beautiful spirit about it the town is absolutely gorgeous. We hope to make another trip to Nauvoo (and take the kids too) next time we go to Iowa.

No comments: