backround

Friday, April 3, 2009

Fish

The kids have been begging us for a pet and our friend Jason had gave us a fish tank. So we did the inevitable and went and bought fish. I hate fish quite frankly they freak me out, so I am thrilled to have 2 sitting on my counter top. The kids picked out pear scale goldfish. They are little fat puff ball things that can barley move. Braydon named his white and orange one "Cotton" and Ethan named his gold one "Popcorn" (they are completely sensible names if you see them). The kids do nothing but stare at them and in fact if a fish could die of being stared at they would have been dead 10 minutes ago. I told Daylon that he has to clean the tank because I refuse to and I called Jason (who gave us this ridiculous tank) and told him that if at any time Daylon is gone (TDY or deployed) it is his duty to come and clean the disgusting thing. Popcorn and Cotton seem to be quite happy in their new home and I can't wait for the day they die. Can I mention that I don't do pets, I think 2 kids and a husband is enough to keep up with. I am probably a horrible person.....but my family will just have to deal with it.
this is Cotton

1 comment:

Kritta22 said...

I still say they look 9 months prego and are ready to pop!