backround

Saturday, September 26, 2009

Pioneer Day and Lagoon

The day before we flew to Des Moines was Pioneer Day. Of course I drug the kids to the Pioneer Day parade that they complained all the way through because of the HEAT and I will admit it was HOT (however it was only preparing us for the soon hot and humid weather in the Midwest). Well when it was over we; my mom, cousin Audra and I drove to Famington to meet the rest of the family at Lagoon. We had a blast, and let me let you on in a little secret....so many people in Utah are celebrating Pioneer Day none of them are at Lagoon. We didn't have to wait in any lines. I went with my older cousins and my mom took the kids to the smaller rides. After a couple of hours of rides we went to Lagoona beach. By this time I have realized that as I get older I can't ride as many roller coasters in a row as I used to, I was done! So while I laid on the ground on a towel feeling like crap my cousins took the kids through the water. We finally got all of the kids out of the water and spent the rest of the day in the park riding more rides. Braydon and Ethan love rides. Braydon, however, who is tall of enough to go on the scary roller coasters wouldn't go (I think he suffers from Daylon and I scaring the crap out of him when he was 4 on Space Mountain). Ethan on the other hand would have rode everything if he wasn't so small! Everyone had a great day. We loved spending time with my mom and all of my cousins. But all good things must come to an end. The next day we said our goodbyes and we boarded our flight to Des Moines, Iowa.I was a little slow with my camera. This is the car that Henry B. Eyring and Dieter F. Uchtdorf was in.
Leaving Lagoon....they had to run through the water.

No comments: