backround

Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Alaska Animals



After school one day we, with our German intern Chrissy that we absolutely adore, drove down the Seward Hwy to see the animals at the animal refuge. We have been there before but in the snow. we saw most of the animals that are native to Alaska. The moose were close enough to the fence to touch there fur and we also saw bears, musk ox, Sitka dear and lots more. The best part was on our way home we got to see beluga whales in the inlet (the one and only animal that I wanted to see before I left Alaska) and we saw mountain goats on the cliff too. I will say it again I don't like living here .................but there are the benefits.

2 comments:

Kritta22 said...

I'm so jealous! Why didn't you tell me the begulas were in!! I've been waiting and waiting. They are my favorite animal EVER!

Jessie said...

Hey, isn't that place great! Now the belugas I have yet to see. Just wanted to pop in and say hi.